This is a static conveyor belt cleaning equipment consisting of the following components:
- Industrial lath brush of the length of the belt width, total height 200 mm and free 145 mm, made of technical polyamide filaments.
- A frame and a 5 mm thick carbon steel shaft with anti-corrosion surface treatment.
- A mechanical system that adjusts the distance of the brush to the belt to bring the lath brush closer to the conveyor belt as it wears to ensure maximum use of the brush.
The equipment is supplied assembled, and has a wide range of adjustments, both for the position of the brush within the brush support frame, the separation between pillars and the working height of the equipment.
On many occasions, the use of static brushes cannot be mounted at 90º with respect to the belt, as the waste would accumulate in front of the brush, and the belt itself would end up dragging it and making the equipment ineffective.
For these occasions, the cleaning brushes are placed at 45º with respect to the belt surface.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for no-obligation information if you still have any questions about the conveyor belt cleaner or explaining your specific surface cleaning need.
It is a compact and very simple, and therefore economical, equipment that is cost-effective as it simplifies the cleaning of conveyor belts.
These brushes are designed for very simple replacement, with little need for disassembly of components.
In addition, as indicated in the applications section, the cleaner can be used for much more than just cleaning belts: labelling, dusting, removing excess material from a piece…
The non-powered belt cleaner is a product that has evolved from years of supplying industrial pusher brushes, or artificial turf maintenance brushes, and has continued with the same concept of a modular U-shaped support frame with flap.
Various customisations are possible to meet specific customer requirements:
- Manufacture of the standard belt cleaner or for the food industry, with the components in stainless steel with specific brushes for food compatibility, except for the motor/reducer which are conventional.
- Modification of the type of anchorage or support.
- Modification of the industrial brush filaments to further customise them to the specific type of cleaning to be carried out by the brush, or to perform other work than cleaning the belt, such as those mentioned above for the labelling machine, dusting off or applying a product uniformly.
- There is also the possibility of supplying only the strip brushes.
- Development of accessories, as an example:
- Damping systems for the brush, in case there is a lot of instability and the distance from the belt cleaner to the belt needs to be damped.
- Integration of actuators to bring the brush closer through pneumatic cylinders and thus externally control when the belt cleaner is working or not.
- Systems for the integration of accessories such as water supply systems for wet cleaning, with their own dirty water collection system, and optionally belt drying.
Regulation and Assembly
The assembly of the belt cleaner is relatively simple, as it has been designed standardised for any conveyor belt to provide maximum flexibility in assembly.
The support to the conveyor belt bed is made by means of 2 carbon steel plates of 5 mm thickness and 6 slotted holes each to be fixed with M10 screws.
The frame in which the lath brushes are housed is deliberately made longer than the brush needs to be able to move the brush along the support and to be able to separate the supports of the brush cleaner from the brush.
The frame, brush and supports set moves vertically to bring the brush closer to the belt as the brush wears.